That time the recipe will be super easy, fast to make, tasty and yet, relatively a healthy one. It’s a cake that will always remind me of Finland and the Finnish summer, the time when you can enjoy one of the best Scandinavian treats, – forest and garden berries.
I took it easy and tried to minimize the time for cooking, a number of ingredients and effort in general. Just 5 simple steps and it’s done!
There are 3 key ingredients:
- 1 pack of frozen dough (400 gr) – for crust
- 1 big pack of Philadelphia cheese (300 gr) – middle layer
- 1 pack of frozen strawberries or blueberries (400 gr) – top layer
On top of that, I used brown sugar and corn starch for middle and top layers, vanilla sugar for middle layer only. You should add sugar accordingly to your taste and it can be a normal casted sugar and potato starch. I don’t like my pie too sweet, so I added 1 ½ table spoons for each layer. Then, the starch will help your pie to get more solid after cooling down, so you can actually cut it. Usually, I add about 1 ½ tea spoons of starch in each layer.
How to make a pie:
- Defreeze the dough in a fridge, roll it relatively thin to be able to cover your baking dish bottom and make walls around the filling.
- Mix well the Philadelphia cheese with sugar, starch, and vanilla sugar, spread it evenly on top of the dough.
- Defreeze strawberries and make a puree with a fork, mix with sugar and starch, spread evenly on top of a cheese layer. (If you’re using frozen blueberries, you don’t need to de-freeze them, just mix them with starch, and spread the sugar on top of the pie).
- Bake in an oven for 35-40 minutes with 180 – 200 ºC.
- Take the pie from the oven and let it cool in a baking dish for at least half an hour. Serve as it is or with ice cream, fresh berries or wiped cream.